Saturday, January 17, 2009

Notorious

So I went to go see notorious today.  It was a pretty good movie.  Granted it looked like a made for tv movie, it was still pretty good.  I have a soft spot for hip hop movies.  It was really cool to see him evolve as an artist.  How dark and depressing his music started out, but by the end of the movie he was making songs that were a little bit more uplifting.  Granted he still talked about fucking bitches and getting money, but the way it was portrayed was nice.  You know he was trying to straighten things out with his baby mama, and his mistress, and his wife before he died.  It was all touching really ha.  Nah but I was kinda down leaving the theater because I remember when biggie died and not wanting to believe it happened.  I don't know why but whenever something like that happens I always assume it's some sort of joke.  Biggie isn't my favorite rapper, but this movie made me appreciate his music that much more.  No one looked like who they were supposed to be.  Biggie looked like biggie...kim looked like kim and faith could pass..everyone else...I was trying my best not to laugh when I saw the dude they had playing suge knight.  The guy playing tupac? pfft.  And you know puffy would've been down to play himself.  He would've made the movie all about him though.  It'd be notorious starring P. Diddy. It was definitely a made for tv movie all growed up stylee.   

I had fun at the bar last night.  I ran into to some people I went to high school with.  That was an interesting experience.  Didn't get in until 5:30 am.  Looks like i'll be burning the midnight oil tonight as well.   All I want to do is listen to music, record, and talk to people about hip hop right now.  I'm in a "hip hoppy" mood after seeing that movie.  Ha.  

Oh...by the way..I don't know anything about html....as you can tell by my layout.  I dont plan on changing it.  peace

No comments:

Post a Comment